Sailing is currently suspended due to COVID-19. We are working hard to get back on the water and will update when we know more.
The highlight of the Minima sailing season is the Annual Regatta. Held over two days with racing open to all.
We hold annual open events for Merlin Rockets, Enterprises and Solos, and two long distance handicap races between Kingston and Hampton Court bridges.
- May Merrie (open) and RNLI Trophy (Minima) long distance handicap: TBA
- Enterprise and Solo class opens: TBA
- Merlin Rocket Chindit Trophy (vintage) class open: TBA
- Merlin Rocket Eric Archer Memorial Trophy class open: TBA
- Kingston Trophy (open) and Coronation Cup (Minima) long distance handicap: TBA
Club sailing series and closed events
These events are open only to full members of Minima Yacht Club who complete an Annual Registration form.
- Sunday Class Series
- Spring Series
- Summer Series
- Autumn Series
- Saturday Evening Individual Pursuit Series
- Wednesday Evening General Handicap Series
There are also annual events open to members of the club held throughout the year mainly on Bank Holiday weekends.
- Centenery Cup
- David Langley Commemoration Trophy
- Gordon’s Goblet
- Spires Trophy
- Flemmich Bowl
- 4th July Mug
- Barclays Bank Trophy
- Fair Commemoration Trophy
- Avon Cup
The year ends with a fun race which is usually followed by a meal at a local restaurant.
- Fun Race
We sail to a local pub on the last evening in each Summer month if the weather is suitable.
- June evening cruise
- July evening cruise
- August evening cruise