How to join Minima Yacht Club
Membership of the Club is open to all
Minima is an inclusive club run by its members, for its members. There are plenty of opportunities to help with the running of the Club, from driving the launches, running races, planning trips, club maintenance, help on the bar or with teas. We all volunteer for duties.
The upstairs clubroom and bar is open to all members on Wednesday and Sunday evenings throughout the year. In addition there are a variety of social events including our splendid Regatta BBQ (with live jazz band), international themed nights and even a live theatre night. Our balcony overlooking the river catches the afternoon sun to perfection!
Two ways to join…
Full Membership the traditional sailing boat or kayak owner membership. Covers the use of all shore and water facilities by a family or an individual. Subject to availability, new members can receive free basic training, and have priority over use of the club’s sailing dinghies, canoes and kayaks.The membership year starts 1st January No Joining Fee and club duties are required.
Social Membership membership for those who aren’t active on the water. Covers the use of all shore facilities by a family or an individual. The membership year starts 1st January No Joining Fee and club duties are required.
|Full youth membership (18-25 years) ||£30|
|Household membership |
|Full household membership ||£240|
|Combined household membership ||£200|
|Country household membership||£120|
|Social household membership||£120|
|Boat fees |
|Dinghy permit (under 18 years)||£50|
|Canoe or kayak permit||£50|
- Full members are members of Minima Yacht Club Limited and are entitled to vote at General Meetings and participate in club sailing activities.
- Household membership includes two adults and their children and grandchildren in each case aged under 18 years.
- Full Household membership confers full membership on two adult members.
- Combined Household membership confers full membership on one adult member; one other adult member may participate in club social activities.
- For a dinghy plus one or more other boats under the same membership, the fees for the other boats are reduced by 50%. For a canoe plus one or more other canoes under the same membership, the fees for the other canoes are reduced by 50%. Canoes include kayaks
Membership Contact Form
Updated: 22-03-22 AB