Only full members of Minima Yacht Club may take part in the club’s sailing and canoeing activities. Subject to availability, new members can receive free basic training, and have priority over use of the club’s sailing dinghies, canoes and kayaks.
All members may use the upstairs clubroom and bar which is open on Wednesday and Sunday evenings throughout the year. In addition to this there are a variety of social events including our splendid Regatta BBQ (with live jazz band), international themed nights and even a live theatre night. Our balcony overlooking the river catches the afternoon sun to perfection and if you have family who do not sail or paddle they can wait for you in comfort after visiting the Kingston shops!
The club is run by the members for the members and all full members are expected to ‘do their duty’. This may be driving the launches (known as bosun duty) running the races, club maintenance, help on the bar or with teas. Training sessions are held at the beginning of the year and no one is pressured to do any thing they are uncomfortable about.
Membership and boat fees 2020
|Full youth membership (18-25 years)1||£30|
|Full family membership3||£240|
|Combined family membership4||£200|
|Country family membership||£120|
|Social family membership||£120|
|Dinghy permit (under 26 years)||£60|
|Canoe or kayak permit||£60|
- Full members are members of Minima Yacht Club Limited and are entitled to vote at General Meetings and participate in club sailing activities.
- Family membership includes two adults and their children and grandchildren in each case aged under 18 years.
- Full family membership confers full membership on two adult members.
- Combined family membership confers full membership on one adult member; one other adult member may participate in club social activities.
- For a dinghy plus one or more other boats under the same membership, the fees for the other boats are reduced by 50%. For a canoe plus one or more other canoes under the same membership, the fees for the other canoes are reduced by 50%. Canoes include kayaks.